Saturday, December 18, 2010

We have the Medical Form and are now praying for another family going through adoption!

Yesterday, Dec 17th I took Jeff's medical form to leave for the doctor to complete when the biopsy results were sent.  I spoke with our doctor's medical assistant and she said she will have the form completed by the end of the day.  She knew that we had been delayed and wanted to help us get going again.  She then shared with me their desire to have a baby and their 5 1/2 years of infertility.  They are in the midst of an embryo adoption.  We talked and cried a bit.  As I left the office I told her that I would be praying for her and her husband.  With in 5 minutes of us getting home I received a call that our form was complete and we could pick it up at any time.  Of course I went and got it!  We have the last piece to the homestudy puzzle. 

Tonight as I write, I am so thankful to God for the blessing of our 3 children.  I hurt for Jessica and her husband, and pray that they are able to have a baby.  I also think of all the children in the world who don't have a mommy and a daddy.  As our boys pray each night they pray for their baby sister and that God will keep her safe and healthy. 

I see God's goodness in the midst of our delays and am thankful for the time I had to talk with Jessica today.  Had we not had this medical delay I likely would have never known about Jessica and her husband's situation and would have not know to pray for them.  What a great reminder to me to trust even more in our Father's plan!   Who do you know that has a prayer need?  Have you stopped to listen as people you meet share a need?  If not, I would encourage you to.  You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment