Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nearly 14 months later and we finally meet!

Nearly 14 months ago I was making hair clips to raise money for our adoption.  Through an adoption fundraiser yahoo group a lady from Tennessee contacted me to order some!  I was delighted to sell a few to her 

and then even made her a few special order clips.  I never imagined that a friendship would develop out of my hair clip fundraiser.

Sandra and I began emailing and then talking on the phone.  We have a ton in common.  We go to churches that are much the same as the other, we both scrapbook, like much of the same music, SHARE THE SAME BIRTHDAY (she is one year older), drive the same kind of van..... and more.

We met our precious Myah in October



and they met their Kylie in March. 




                                         


We have talked for hours!  Prayed together, cried together, given advice and encouragement!

What better way to spend the Memorial Day weekend, than to take a road trip to Tennessee to meet my special friend!  Jeff was more than to delighted and the kids were game too!  More on the trip later... but for now.... my dear friend Sandra and her precious baby girl Kylie!


After arriving we learned that we not only drive the same kind of van, but they are the same color!

We both had our toenails painted purple....

And we both have precious cleft lip and cleft palate babies!



It is a friendship that was made in heaven!  We have a bond that will surely last!

No comments:

Post a Comment