Sunday, March 20, 2011

I am beginning to wonder!

I know that while I was pregnant I often thought about what my kids would look like!  How big would they be?  Would they have hair?  What color of eyes would they have?  Would they be laid back or high strung?  Would they favor mom or dad?  Would they be a good sleeper?  Eatter? 

My thought for our precious baby girl are somewhat different!  I know that she will certainly not have blonde hair like her brothers!  Her eyes will likely be dark!  The other answers, I will not know.  Your see, our precious baby was given up by her parents, maybe because she had a health issue that they didn't feel like they could face.  Maybe she was the result of an unplanned pregnancy, and the parents had no other choice but to give her up?  Maybe because she was a second child and there is a one child law in China.  

I think of her a wonder if she is in an orphanage or a foster home!  Does she feel loved?  Is she hungry?  Is she cold?  Too hot?  Is she happy or sad?  What special physical needs does she have?  Is she sick?  Does she get to go outside?  How many hours each day is she able to play?  Does someone hold her when she cries?  Does she smile? 

While we wait to go get her, I can only pray!  Pray that she has what she needs and that she is loved!  I also truely cling to the following Bible passage. 

Jeremiah 1:5 

 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
   before you were born I set you apart;"

It is no surprise to God that our baby girl would be orphaned!  God knew when she was formed that she would need a new mommy and daddy.  He knew that Jeff and I would be her mommy and daddy!

My thoughts then go to her parents!  Were their hearts breaking as they left her?  Do they think of her and regret the decision they made to give her up?  Do they miss her?  I am certain I will not know the answers to those questions.  While I will likely never know anything about her parents, I know that my heavenly father knows their every thought and feeling!  I pray that God gives them an extra measure of love and that somehow, someday they will know the peace that only God can give. 

This brings to my heart this great Bible Scripture!

Ephesians 3:16-20 

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.

As we wait to go get our precious baby, I pray for her!  I pray for her caregivers, and I pray that I am prepared to love her just as I love my other 3 children!  Oh, the sweet sweet love of Jesus!  He is my sustainer!

2 comments:

  1. Lori Harris, from ALBC, wrote an awesome song about adoption. I will send it to you in your email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how God reveals Himself to you in the adoption process, isn't it? You might like reading www.WeAreGraftedIn.com -- there are a lot of really neat pieces there about what God is doing in adoptive families.

    ReplyDelete