Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Alot has happened in the last year!

As I sit here today to write this blog, in someways it is hard to believe that we have been in the midst of the adoption process for a year.  In the last year I must say that our Lord Jesus has been oh so faithful to us!  In times of uncertainty and doubt He was there to encourage us to press on!  There is no doubt that adoption is expensive.  When we started our journey we were stepping out in faith.  We both felt led to adopt and have believed from the beginning that God would provide the finances we needed for each step of the process!  Through the broken refrigerator and dishwasher, plumbing issues and 2 expensive car repair bills, the money we have needed for the next step in the process as been there!  I can not take any credit for the miracles of the needed money being available just as it was needed!  GOD GETS THE GLORY IN IT ALL!

We are about 2 weeks away from receiving travel approval to travel to China!  Our visa's have been granted, our packing lists have been made (in my head atleast), some darling dresses have been purchased (along with some cute hair accessories) and this mommy is ready to meet her new daughter!  Ok... Jeff is pretty excited too!  Every time I look at a picture of Myah I say a prayer that God would prepare her for her forever home.  The reality that Myah will experience great sorrow and loss is setting in and so I earnestly pray for her.

In five days Myah will be 1 year old!!!  While we wish we could be there to celebrate her life with her, that isn't possible.  I said in an earlier post that we are sending her a birthday party!  I anxiously await the pictures of that special day.  This is what is being sent to her.

The letter that is shown is to her caregivers.  I shared with them her new name, requested that if they have not already done so, they begin showing her our pictures, and I asked a few questions.  Ann, the dear lady that sends the package will then call the orphanage to request the answers to my questions and photo's of her birthday party!  I am hopeful that next week at this time I will have party pictures to share.  You will notice that there is no cake in the picture.  Ann has ordered it from a local bakery and it is scheduled to be delivered to the orphanage on her birthday!  Their cakes are beautiful.  I am curious if they taste as
good as they look.  I may never know!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen - it's Jeannie - great idea to put a Xi Yang Yang item it - something she will most definitely recognize! And yes the cakes are beautiful, but they don't taste as good :) I hope you get some pics! Thrilled for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my birthday in china! My cake was delicious!! So yummy, very different from home though.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete