Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's the middle of the night and I am awake again!!!!

The last days (ok weeks too)  of waiting to head to China remind so much of the last days (and weeks) of pregnancy.  I CAN'T SLEEP!  I did manage to go to bed at a normal hour last night, but at 2:30 my eyes popped open and I have been WIDE AWAKE ever since! 

So what do I do in the middle of the night when I CAN'T SLEEP?  I first lay in bed hoping and praying that I will go back to sleep?  When that doesn't work (it rarely does), I get up and head to the living room.  I used to be able to watch tv, but now... that wakes Zachary up.  The boy needs his sleep... so I have resorted to the computer!!!

I start by checking my email (all 3 boxes) and then move to Facebook.  Not much to be found in any of those.  Next I move to a China Adoption Board to find that not much has happened since I last checked it.  Finally, I go down my list of adoption blogs and see if there are updates.  Tonight, I found a few new posts.  One blog sounded like many of my blog posts.  Hurry up and wait!  What takes 2 weeks for some, takes 4 weeks for us!  This particular blogger was sharing her heart, and while reading I was understanding everything she was saying, as we have walked through it.  She wanted encouragement.  I understood, as I have needed encouragement oh so many times through this last year too!  So, what could I say?  I knew immediately, as I have been reminded of it oh so many times since I first posted about this passage of scripture in February.  God has allowed me the opportunity to share it with so many (both adoptive parents and others that are just struggling with everyday life).  As I wrote this blogger I was oh so thankful that I could go back to that passage of scripture myself and have it speak to me again!  Isn't God's word so so amazing?!?!?

So, here we are... at 4:14 AM while I am WIDE AWAKE, and I share with you again this great passage from the Bible!

2 Samuel 22: 31-37 "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.  He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.  For who is God besides the Lord?  And who is the Rock except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.  He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a blow of bronze.  You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great.  You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."
From this passage:  "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer."  Did you know that a female deer can place her hind feet in the very same spot that the front feet were just in.  EXACT SAME SPOT!!!  Just like the deer, we can place our steps in the exact place that God wants us to be!  God is walking and guiding me (and I hope you)  through this journey of life every step of the way!  One step at a time! 



To go a step further then I have in the past with this scripture, the sweet reminder that God's ways are perfect.  That means that the Jennifer Stone plan of how our adoption should play out, or any part of life really is not nearly (ok, not at all) as perfect as God's ways!  That gives me a real kick in the pants!!! 

As we approach our Travel Approval (hopefully later today), I am reminded that God has lead us down this path of adoption and He WILL get us through it!  I fail at it a lot, but I am trying to make my steps in the exact same path of my Lord Jesus!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Gotta let go of the christy lillie plan for our families life and just roll with it. Every time I do I realize my plan stunk anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I hold onto that promise but I always find myself trying to wrestle back control when I feel that I have a better plan. Even though I KNOW my plan is never better. I try to justify myself by thinking that my daughter NEEDS to be home as soon as possible. That's when I always have to remind myself that God loves my little one even more than I do. Quite humbling.

    Oh, and I am praying that you do hear of your TA today. That would make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your encouragement and for sharing that scripture with me. I am so thankful for everyone I have met through this adoption & RQ...we are truly supportive of each other and its just a wonderful group. The good news is that I got a text from the USCIS this morning that I now have a receipt # so I think that means all of my paperwork is there and making its way to my officer...:) YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,

    I've been praying for you today. My heart was so heavy yesterday when I realized that we wouldn't be able to travel in September. But God led me to again trust in Him for his perfect timing.

    October is just around the corner and He must have something for us to accomplish here before we can travel.

    I'll keep checking for your good news. I know we will see it soon!

    ReplyDelete