Saturday, September 10, 2011

We have Travel Approval, but are waiting to find out when we will travel!

On Thursday morning we got the call from our agency that our Travel Approval had arrived.  We were very excited to receive this news.  Earlier in the week we had put fights on hold, so we could leave next week to get our baby girl.  Unfortunately, all of the US Consulate Appointments for the last of September were booked.  That was a huge disappointment.  I was in a nasty mood on Thursday about the delay in travel... you know that delay was not part of MY plan!  After my day of pity party I realized that I had to get over it.  There was nothing that could be done about it... so what is the point of being down in the dumps?  Ok... so I am still a bit sad... but you know... God has an appointed time that is perfect for us to get our sweet Myah.  I sure hope it is sooner rather then later.  We should find out on Tuesday!  I will post more, when we know!

I want to leave you with this quote.  It was shared with me by another adoptive mom!

The will of God is never exactly what you expect it to be. It may seem to
be much worse, but in the end it's going to be a lot better and a lot bigger. ~Elisabeth Elliot

4 comments:

  1. When you experience a disappointment that large, you deserve the momentary pity party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up! We, too, had to make uncomfortable changes but knowing that God is in control of the schedule will help the sanity level. Praying for you and sweet Myah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that your TA has arrived, but I'm disappointed for you. I don't blame you for having a pity party, but now you have a job to do...get ready to go get Myah! I look forward to following your trip to China.

    ReplyDelete