Monday, November 14, 2011

Myah Gets Ear Tubes! 11-11-11

On Friday morning I had to get up a few minutes before 6 AM to fix Myah's breakfast and feed her.  I am sure she was quite puzzled when I woke her up to eat.  She ate slowly and did not want much of her bottle.  By 6:15 I gave up and she was then only able to have clear liquids until 9:45 and then nothing after that.  The surgery was at 1 PM, but we had to be there are 11:45 AM.


I got her changed into her hospital gown and we played with a few toys and looked at a few books.  A few nurses came in followed by a few doctors.










I received approval to take her into the operating room and stay with her until she went to sleep, so I had to dress to go in the O.R.
About 10 minutes before surgery time Jeff got there from work. 

I carried her back to the O.R. and she was asleep within seconds.


The surgery took about 10 minutes and then another 5 minutes before they came and got us.
I cuddled her, fed her a bottle, got her dressed and then we headed home!
On Saturday morning, less then 24 hours after surgery... her voice was a little louder.  Maybe she realized that she could hear better!  Who knows... we shall see!

1 comment: