Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dear friends gone from this earth but are rejoicing in heaven!

July 4th started as a relaxing day, with a mixture of working around the house and some fun.  We were slow going in the morning and then our sweet Sam hit his head and cut it open.... OUCH!  My first thought after getting a rag to clean Sam up and discover where the blood was coming from was to call Diane.  I grabbed my phone and dialed her number, there was no answer.  I looked outside and saw her car was not there.  We were rushing to get dressed and ready to take him to th ER, when I heard banging at the door.  Our neighbor came to tell us that another neighbor Diane, and her 11 year old daughter Anna had been killed in a headon collision, but a drunk driver!  I will say I was in shock!  Diane was a dear friend and Anna was such a doll.  She loved the Lord most and then her family and other people.  They were gone in an instant!

This photo was taken just a few weeks ago.  In addition to Anna and Diane is Diane's youngest son Tyler.  You can tell in their smiles and eyes the love that they had for eachother.  Our family is deeply saddened and grieving the loss of these two wonderful people.  We rejoice in knowing that they are without a doubt in heaven with Jesus.  They are happy and praising God! 


Mary, another friend of Diane wrote something and said it so well, so I am sharing it here. 
This morning started out like any other....she was on her way
to spend time with her family.....In an instant, all that changed forever. Today
I'm mourning...specifically for this family, but also for the effects of living
in a fallen world and for the way that sin steals our loved ones most
unexpectedly.....Diane was ready....she not only believed in God, she knew Him
intimately. So tonight, I ask my friends and loved ones....what's your
relationship with Christ like? Just Believing in Him isn't enough...being a good
person isn't enough....neither is going to church....In the end, only one thing
will will be enough......having a relationship with Jesus that not only invites
Him into your life, but invites Him to take OVER your life.....to surrender to
His Lordship - no matter what the cost -- hard words to absorb on a day like
today...but for Diane and Anna, they gained the greatest prize....they are face
to face with Jesus tonight, fully recognizing the "substance" of their
faith.....So on a night that my heart is grieving for them, I ask you, my
friends.....are you 100 percent sure that if you died tonight, you'd be in
heaven? Please, please, don't just assume you're "in" because you go to church
or are a good (even great) person...the words of Scripture are clear...."there
is none righteous, no not one." The standard isn't measuered against anyone
else....but is soley based on what you've done with Jesus....If you confess with
your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe with your heart God raised Him from the
dead, you will be saved...(Romans 10:9).....your lives are dear to me....your
eternity even more so. Christ has provided the way....at great cost....my prayer
is that you will allow His death to bring you life.

No comments:

Post a Comment