Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ivy Joy needs us to Pray!!!

Dear friends, I shared with you a few weeks ago that one of Myah's orphanage friends was being brought home to her forever family.  Her heart condition is serious!! 
 
Yesterday, after a very long catheter procedure the surgical team at Phoenix Children's Hospital said Ivy was operable.. They said her case is very complicated and she needs surgery right away!!! Ivy NEEDS a human pulmonary valve to replace hers that is practically non-existent. Ivy needs this valve asap to survive her surgery! Will you join me in praying specifically for a human toddler donor heart with the pulmonary valve attached. Her pulmonary valve is 1/8 of the size it should be, so they will have to do some altering where they attach it.  I know that this is a difficult thing to pray.   It is because of the loss of another that Ivy will have a chance. I pray that when this happens, the  family that donates will find great comfort in their decision!
 
They had hoped that they could find a pulmonary valve so that she could have her surgery today, but they have not yet been successful.  They sent her home.  Her oxygen saturation is between the 30s and 60s.  She is happy, eating and sleeping well...  PRAISE THE LORD for a happy hungry baby.  Pray that her oxygen saturation levels improve drastically and that that pulmonary valve arrives soon!

2 comments:

  1. We are so happy Ivy is home. I cannot believe how much she has grown! It is a huge relief to see these photographs. We will be following your blog. Wow! Life is good! Absolutely amazing! Jane and Tim Steinmetz- Red Thread Charities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying for sweet Ivy. This is Angie, Sandra's friend, I'm adopting a cleft l/p baby too! Would love to be in touch! My direct email is: angwmson@gmail.com I can't wait to follow your journey over and back! I'll be praying for your trip and your little one! Blessings!

    angie

    ReplyDelete