Monday, May 16, 2011

And her name is.......

Many have asked and we have not answered because we quite frankly had not decided on the perfect name for our sweet baby girl.  Names that we loved, just didn't soot her... and then a name that I loved bothered Jeff because of what it could be shortened to.  So we contined to think and talk and come up with the perfect name!  Her given name is Song Wen Xia and we both feel that it is important to use part of her given name.  Song is the name of a dynasty long ago, and there is no pretty meaning in that name.  Wen has a few meanings.  They are peaceful and intellectual.  Finally Xia means red clouds.  I wonder if when the orphanage workers gave her her name if the weather had anything to do with it?  Was it a peaceful morning at sunrise?  We may never know, but we will sure try to find out when we go get her.

Ok, so one with her name.  Here is is!!!  Myah (means MINE) Faith (selected by Alexander.  He insists that Faith because we have faith that God is taking care of her until we can go to China to get her).  Sounds good to me!  Wen Xia Stone.  THAT'S IT!  Myah Faith Wen-Xia Stone. 

As I think of her and pray for her, I think of the fact that while she is not our biological daughter she is no less mine then the children that I carried in my womb.  She will be adopted into our family just as we are adopted into the family of God!  My heart is so happy to know that what I have dreamed of and prayed for is coming true!  I know I have said this before, but want to say again that this has been and will continue to be a journey of faith!  My prayer is that through my postings you will get a bigger glimpse of our great our God truely is!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Just Beautiful!! Just checking on you. Did you get a chance to look at etsy for the doll?...I also have another website for you. Jiayin Design, I believe you can google it. They do charms in chinese characters and they make dolls. They are in China, so you can order your girl a doll and email them pictures and give them money for a disposable camera. They will deliver the items to your daughters orphanage. Hope all is well. Let me know when you get word of when Song will have surgery, I am praying for her. xoxo
    Best,
    Amy Rotger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo beautiful! How wonderful to get new pictures!! Her eyes are gorgeous!!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her name is beautiful and so are her new pictures! Happy day for both of us!

    ReplyDelete