Sunday, May 1, 2011

We are learning more about our precious baby girl in China!

People have been asking for me to share more of our adoption journey... so I have more to share now!  The night we received our referral I was WIDE AWAKE AT 1 AM, and so I put the time to good use.  I found a yahoo group that is for those that adopt from our daughter's orphanage.  I requested to be a part of the group and shortly there after I received an email from a lady that had been there just 2 months ago to pick up their daughter.  She shared that they had been able to visit the orphanage and tour it.  I was excited to hear that, because I want to tour too, if possible.  When they arrived at the orphanage the director gave them a book of photos.  They had pictures of their daughter from the day that she arrived at the orphanage and each month after that!!!!  WOW!!!!  I pray that we too will get such a treasure!!!

In her email to me she asked if our daughter has a bilateral cleft lip and said that if she does, she knows who our daughter is.  When her husband bent down to talk to our little one, she kicked and waved and smiled and was very happy!  She was interactive and engaged!!!  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!  I pray that for the months that she must wait for us to come get her, that she will remain happy and engaged with people!!!

Her Chinese name?  We will announce more about her once we have word of preapproval!  Her American name?  We will announce once we decide.  We do plan to use part of her Chinese name.  Pictures?  Not yet... hang in there!  They will be posted in time!!

We have also found that there is an organization that is called Red Thread Charities that goes to work with the children in her orphanage.  I have emailed them to see if they have newer photo's of her and can tell me if her lip has been rapaired yet.  I hope to hear back from them SOON!!!!

Our minds are still spinning, our smiles are still huge and our thanks to our Lord God still continues!!!  I'm tired... we just completed our 2nd adoption garage sale!  It was great, but oh so much work!  Please remember that I am still making and selling hairclips!!!  If you have not purchased any yet, now is the time!  EVERY penny of profit goes to bring our precious little daughter home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment