Friday, October 7, 2011

A few thoughts here and there!

1st, I am not a fan of eastern toilets.  You will see a picture of one if one of the albums.  I am thankful I have been able to find western style toilets in most places!

2nd, if we could charge for people to take pictures of Alexander, we would have made a good amount of money.  He also received a small stuffed frog and a special egg dish from one of the servers at the Hot Pot lunch we had.  He is loving the attention!

3rd, our guides have shown us so much love and care.  They were delighted to have Alexander with us and have played with him and together there has been much laughter!

4th, obviously our culture in the USA is very different then in China, but even still the needs for everyone around the world is still the same.  We all need Jesus.  I pray that God will work in the lives of people whom many have never even heard His name.

5th, traffic is not nearly as bad as I imagined it would be.  We have only crossed a few streets (most of the time we have walked under the streets and back up), but I have not yet feared for my life!

6th, subway cars are CROWDED!  In most of them everyone was smashed together.  To get off the subway car, you have to shove your way through.  Once, we were unable to push fast enough and had to go to the next stop and return to the stop we needed to be at.

7th, they have malls here.... just like in the US.  There are many American eating spots (including Sizzler), but we have not eaten at any of them (except for an ice cream cone from DQ)... oh and Jeff has visited Starbucks a few times!

The weather has been perfect!  I would say it has been in the mid 70s.  I am sure that it will be warmer in Hangzhou and certainly in Guangzhou.  

I leave you with a few last minute pictures of our hotel in Beijing and at the airport as we head to Hangzhou.







1 comment: