Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A great afternoon and early evening out... now 2 of the 3 of us are asleep!

I am wide awake!!!  The guys are sound asleep!  We just got back to the hotel.  I had great plans to download pictures from my camera's... and guess what?!?!?  No camera cords!  That is right... none... zilch... nota one!  Jeff thinks they will turn up... I am sure they will not!  I know that I didn't pack them and I am oh so puzzled how they got out of my sight, to not be packed!  I just want to cry!  Any Rumor Queen friends out that are in China or soon will be that have a Canon Rebel?  Can I borrow your cord to download pictures with?  If we can't figure out anything else, Jeff will email me some from his phone, so I can post them!
Ok... enough about that!  We met our dear guide in the lobby of our hotel and we walked to             Tian anmen Square.  There were billions of people there... ok... maybe not billions but there sure were a ton.  Since this week is a holiday in China, people travel to Beijing to see the things that we intend to see while we are here!  We saw guards, and police, and naked bottoms of toddlers who wore split pants.  No diapers for these little ones.

We were there for a long time as we were waiting to see the lowering of the Chinese flag and the raising of a new Chinese flag.  Alexander was so so tired that he sat on the ground and was fast to sleep.  After the wait, they just lowered the flag.  We were leavng at the same time as the mass of othe people there.  We managed to not get separated.  That could be because Alexander was carried all the way to dinner.  He woke up when we got there, but was fast to sleep again.  He then was carried the rest of the way back to our hotel.  He was on his bed and back to sleep 30 seconds ofter he hit that pillow.   

Tomorrow we leave at 7:15 for breakfast, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and a Peking Duck dinner!  Busy day, but great to fellowship with Grace!  What a blessing that God worked it out for her to our guide!

Ok... so now I am not wide awake.  VERY TIRED and MUST SLEEP!  Good night for us... and good morning to you!

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer, skip the cords all together - I never use the cords that come with digital cameras. Have your guide bring you (and your camera) to a camera shop or even their Walmart if they have an electronics section like ours. Just get a card reader. You pop your SD card out of your camera and into the card reader. The card reader just plugs into your USB port and you are good to go. I do know that there are 2 diferent kinds of SD cards and I am not advanced enough to explain it but when you pull out your card the metal lines will either be thin and skinny or wider and fewer of them. I have had cameras with each kind and I had to have a different reader for each kind of card...so bring your camera and SD card so you can make sure you get the right one. I think I paid $15 for the last one I got - ya might even get it cheaper in China.

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherish each moment together days before meeting Myah. This is such a blessing! Get some sleep girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also going to suggest a card reader. We have one and I don't even bother with the cords anymore. I hope you find one, I can't wait to see you all with Myah!! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, great idea... but for I reason, I can't get my card reader on my computer to work either! I will ask our guide tomorrow if she knows where we could buy a cord. It is a usb cord, so I think it would be the same as it would be at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to follow your time in China! Enjoy the rest of your time in Beijing- can't wait to hear that you have Myah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! How old is alexander? We are debating taking our 3 year old with us. It sounds like your DS is rocking it!

    Enjoy your time, Myah will be with you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good night, rest up, baby girl needs a rested mama and baba to love on her 24/7 :) Counting the minutes til you meet your precious daughter. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to hear the details! dSorry about the cord
    s..we'll just have to wait! Get some rest. We don't want Myah to meet her mommy with bags under her eyes! Ben says hi!

    ReplyDelete