Monday, October 10, 2011

We have our precious Myah!

Well, the sleep aid that I took last night didn't help very much!  I woke up several times and was awake for the day by 5 AM.  We laid in bed until 6 AM and then got up and started getting ready!  We met the final family in our group this morning at breakfast.

At 8:30 the 3 families boarded a big bus that took us to the civil affairs office.



We arrived at 8:45 and began the paperwork.








We thought that the babies would be there at 9 AM, but it was more like 9:15 when they started coming through the door.  The orphanage director was at the end of the line of babies and she was carrying Myah, so she was a few minutes behind the other babies.
The Ludwick family
 The Campbell family
 The adoption official
When Myah's nanny got her from the director she immediately handed her to me.  She never made a sound.
 I held her for a few minutes and then Jeff held her.


 The head nanny!





 She was very warm and quickly became like a limp rag doll.  Before we knew it she was sound asleep.  She slept for about 30 minutes. 

 Alexander had fun with Mark and Charles.

When she woke up I was holding her but she reached for Jeff to take her.  She has reached for us both and seems content to be with either one of us.  There was one time that I was holding her and Jeff reached to take her and she turned away from him.  She wanted to stay with me, so that is what we did.


She also really wanted to hold the finger of the parent that was not holding her at the time.  She has a firm grip. 



After we signed all the paper work, we boarded our big bus to come back to the hotel.  Before we were free to go to our rooms, we had to walk a few doors down from the hotel to get our photo's taken.  They will be used for the adoption paperwork.  We were the first to be photographed so we came quickly back to the room to get on skype with our families.  She was looking at them on the computer and also looking around and soaking it all in. 

After we skyped, I gave her a drink of the milk that they included in her things.  It was very sweet.  She would not take it from the bottle, but I was able to help her drink it from an open cup.  She made a mess but she was clearly thirsty.  She also ate a whole banana and some puffs.



In spite of her wearing a bib her shirt got pretty wet, so I changed her clothes.  Her hair has grown since the last pictures we received, so her hair clip worked great in her hair!  This momma is happy!!!


 
We set out on foot to find lunch and to go buy some formula.  I carried her in the ergo baby carrier and she was very content.  At lunch she sat on my lap and ate a few bites.  As we walked down the streets many were interested in why us while people had a Chinese baby.  No one spoke to us, but that was ok.  Some people smiled and were sweet while others had a strange look on their faces.  We expected that, so it didn't bother me!  Also while we walked I watched her.  She looked around and was curious to see what was around her.  Likely this was the 1st day that she has been out of the orphanage with the exception of when she went to the hospital for her surgery.  Everything she saw, heard and smelled were all new to her.  While at the store I took her out of the carrier and put her in the cart and she seemed content there too.  Buy the time were were done getting what we needed and wanted (got some Crab flavored Pringles)


we headed back to the hotel.  

On the way back to the hotel Myah fell asleep.  I was able to get her out of the carrier and into her bed without her waking up.



She has been sleeping for a little over an hour, but is stirring now.  When I know she is awake I think I will get her from her bed, so she doesn't get scared!

She has given us a few smiles and was also waving as we were walking down the streets.  I don't know if she knew that was what she was doing, but some that we passed smiled and waved back at her!









She is a precious gift!  Just because today has gone great (so far), doesn't mean that she will not have a rough time still.  Please continue to pray for her and that she will feel safe and loved!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for your family!! Oh my goodness she is adorable, Jennifer! & it looks like she did so well. I am consistently amazed by how resilient our children are. I hope that you all sleep well tonight.

    Loved the pictures of West Lake too. Makes me miss China even more. Although I have to say that I'm a wee bit envious; y'all don't appear to be wilting from 100+ degree temperatures, ha!

    Sleep well, friends, and again, congratulations!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you. Seeing that roombrings tears to my eyes. They really do prepare our sweet children well. Julia's family book was worn out! We are SOOOO happy for you.

    ReplyDelete