Thursday, October 13, 2011

It is Official! Myah is ours!!! 10-13-11

This morning we returned to the Civil Affairs office and finished the adoption paperwork and officially became Song Wen Xia's parents!  What a special day!!!  The registrar read the adoption certificate to us and presented to us.  It was great to share this day with 5 other families! 




While we were waiting for the paperwork to be processed, I was so blessed to meet Vivian.  She works with Red Thread Charities and The Hangzhou Orphanage.  My understanding is that she "over see's" the therapy that is given to the children!  She was serving this week as a guide for 3 of the families.  You could tell that she loves the kids and wanted to know how WenXia was doing.

 

We then loaded the bus and headed to the Hangzhou Orphanage.  That was a bit emotional for me.  As we drove through the gates, I knew that our precious Wen Xia was placed there when she was just a few days old and the buildings we were about to see where her home for her 1st 13 months of life.













Each family was given some valuable treasures from the orphanage.





We were given a life book about WenXia, a cd with pictures, photo's that were taken with the cameras we had sent in care packages, a book about Hangzhou and the orphanage, a few gifts for Myah and a certificate of donation for the cleft bottles we took to the orphanage.  I am so excited that we have photo's of her that were talken throughout her life!   PRICELESS!!! 








We saw a number of the nanny's that cared for our precious one and she turned away from each one when they tried to hold her.  I guess she knows that she belongs to us now!!!





I was able to talk to the main nanny's that cared for her and ask questions!  I was able to thank her for providing such great care for our daughter!  I can't imagine having their job.  To love the babies, only to see them go.  I don't think I could handle the loss I would experience!!! 

We were able to see the indoor play area, for when it is rainy outside.












As well as the class room and the room that Myah slept in.






I also was able to check in on 4 little ones.  Their parents are coming soon to get them.  I was hoping to get to take video of them, but we were in their room at nap time, so a few quick pictures is what I got!  I am so thankful that I was able to provide those photo's for them.  As we left the gates, the driver stopped so I could get out and take a photo of the front gates where Song WenXia was placed just over 13 months ago!!!







After the orphanage visit we went to the National Silk Museum.  Hangzhou is essentially the capital of Silk in the whole country of China!  It was interesting to hear about how it is made.  We bought a beautiful red scarf for WenXia to have when she gets older.

















By the time we returned to the hotel I was physically and mentally drained but needed to eat.  We went to Grandma's kitchen and had more Chinese food!  I rolled myself back to the hotel and rested for a bit and started packing for our departure tomorrow.  We were all too tired to go out tonight to eat, so we went up to the 17th floor for dinner!













I am anxious to move on, as I sense that Myah will do much better once we leave this hotel.  Her personality changes when we are in the hotel room.  I had to go down to the lobby to check over some of our adoption documents.  Jeff said that when I was gone she was unsettled.  This has also happened when Jeff leaves the room for a short time, only she usually cries when he is gone.  On a good note, she said Momma today!  SEVERAL TIMES, I HEARD IT!  I am choosing to believe that she was calling me Momma.  This made my heart happy!

We have a ergo baby carrier that she loves to be in, especially when Jeff is carrying her.  When I place her in it, you can hear this sweet little laugh.  I think she must find comfort in being snuggled close.  

I am sure that there is something that I am missing, but it is 11:30 and I am tired!  I will post the pictures from today, tomorrow when we get up!

Continue to pray for Myah and her heart to open up to us more each day!  Thank you for praying so far!  They have been felt!

Each of the babies in our group are doing well, over all.  It is amazing to see them come out of their little shells.  There are certainly times that they struggle but that is understandable.  They each deal with the loss of their nanny's or foster families in their own way.  The best thing we can do for them is love them through it and let them know that they are safe and loved!  Each day we see more into our little Myah's world.  She looks into our eyes more and you can sense that she feels more safety with us, as each day passes!!!  Please continue to pray for the little ones in our group.  They are Nina, Hannah and Mia.

5 comments:

  1. This post makes my heart so happy. I can't wait to hear every single detail when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO what sandra said. my heart just melts hearing of this amazing journey and blessing! continued prayers, and can't wait to see you both when you get back! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that the adjustment seems to be going exceedingly well in these first few days! What a surprise (to me, anyway) that Myah didn't immediately fall back into a comfort zone at the orphanage. Prayers for the continued transition.
    Casey Martinez

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your posts...thanks for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete